What's the number one item on every company's agenda?
Every Business Is a Growth Business is your one stop guide to making profitable growth happen. It's a radical and refreshing source of ideas, inspiration, and common sense, all based on the unparalleled experience and access of Ram Charan and Noel Tichy.
Charan and Tichy have worked with some of the world's leading executives people such as Jack Welch of GE, Eckhard Pfeiffer of Compaq, Larry Bossidy of Allied Signal, John Reed of Citigroup, Dick Brown of Cable & Wireless, Alex Trotman and Jacques Nasser of Ford, and the senior management of Coca Cola who have transformed their companies into profitable growth machines. Every Business Is a Growth Business is a distillation of what the authors and these unique leaders have learned about profitable growth:
- If your business isn't growing sustainably and profitably, it's dying.
- Any business can grow profitably. There is no such thing as a mature business.
- A company grows because growth is in the corporate mindset, created by the company's leaders.
- The mindset of growth starts at the top, but it must reach all the way to the bottom.
- Sustainable growth is profitable and capital efficient.
- 'Broadening your pond,' changing your company's genetic code, developing a growth strategy from the outside in, and other unique ideas.
Every Business Is a Growth Business includes inside accounts of how GE Medical, Allied Signal, Compaq, Citibank, Reynolds and Reynolds, Praxair, and GE Capital developed profitable growth strategies. It includes 'The Handbook for Growth,' a highly practical guide that will be an immense help as you and your team develop your company's profitable growth strategy.